Friday, September 29, 2006

I read an eBook on books

I had tried reading The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams as a .chm file… but could not go beyond two chapters…

And I have read the MSTP and CSTD in parts, fragments, and search results… but won’t call it reading.

So the first eBook I read completely… at a stretch, ironically, is: Books I have Loved
An eBook about books.

Osho’s Books I have Loved takes you on a journey towards men of letters, language, fragments, madness, spirit, confessions, theologies, and principles.

He talks of those who know that the very existence of us is a joke; some so serious that they won’t close their eyes even when they die.

To top it all, Osho’s own comments and feelings for the authors and their books. Also, in some cases, his dislikes, his likes, his loves, and his own experiences. His opinions are very absurd and very open.

Alan Watts, Irving Stone, Buddha, Solomon, and so many more… some names he can’t even pronounce. Remember that Books I have Loved is not a book in the “written by” sense; it is notes on the discourses given by the rascal Rajneesh ;-)

Oh God… the world is full of ideas, letters, languages, and men who know what to do with each… as Osho says, each one great, each one unique… that even at the heights of your talent and mysticism, there is a rival, a competitor… a first among equals…

Ha ha ha ha ha! And here, I see corporate white collars trying to one-up others. Begging for a higher appraisal, a better designation… Ha ha ha ha!

I now have a lot more of reading to catch up on. But, I guess, I never can catch up with this one man who really must have read more than any other human in history.

I love Osho; in him I see a mirror which does not reflect me.


On to my second eBook: When the Shoe Fits.

2 comments:

R Kamal said...

hi
i was browsing through,and here i found your blog.very nicely written,unique.its tough to find good thing among the most of the junks(read blogs).and here i found your site.and im glad to read the topic,i had the similiar thoughts on the same book,and dearosho.good thoughts.keep writting.

Anonymous said...

You're good with words..... tis blog is a pleasant read :-)