Thursday, December 31, 2009

Somebody up there…

Somebody up there is certainly looking after me. For whatever I had ever wished for, I have got. Second chances at everything I had lost in life. Love, education, Pune. Baner. Memories.

Pune has some connection with me, I guess. This city keeps inviting me. This is my third time in Pune… Life here, as always, has been very eventful.

The only place I certainly miss is Thiruvannamalai. The holy hill, the Virupaksha cave, Skandashramam, and Ramanashramam at the foot of the hill.

I miss Prasad, Raji, Devraj, Tripathiji, and all the other seekers who you end up meeting in a sacred place like that. I forgot to visit the Kannapa Nayanar temple and also to go for giripradakshina on the inner path. Next time for sure… whenever the calling comes. Sandeep, you are certainly more blessed than I am. Make the most of it, like Tripathiji says.

Right now, life is back to dealing with the basics of a worldly life. Bills, loans, rents, provisions, et al.

6 comments:

Aswin Kini said...

Great to see you finally back! It was nice to read you reminiscing about Thiruvannamalai, I think it it is the only spot you liked in Tamilnadu!

Nice to see ya back in Blogosphere, keep writing.

Take care!

abhilash warrier said...

Hi Aswin,

Yeah, it's been a long time since anything came out of the pen. This was a long time in the making...

Sowmya said...

Looks like pune has definitely awakened the writer in you......

abhilash warrier said...

Sowmya:

Yep, I guess, some cities do that. Awaken the writer.

By the way, I need to go through your blog as well.

Shanti said...

Guess you would be happily in Thiruvannamalai by the time you read this post. :)

And as you said, home is where the heart is because that is where your soul is. You also would know what you miss, only after you leave and return.

If you are happy, so is the rest of the world.

God bless you. May the whole world be happy

Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bavanthu

Shanti said...

With regard to the statement that you had written, "..life is back to dealing with the basics of a worldly life - bills, loans, rents, provisions, etc". YOU GOT THE ANSWER ...FOR THAT IS IT. Life is not all roses, satin sheets, wine and dine all day and night? That's in the movies where you can create your own dreams. Reality hits when you are awake and that may/can hurt sometimes. The answer lies not in what you do in life but HOW you do it and HOW you view it. That makes all the difference. Attitude counts too. :)