Monday, March 11, 2013

Germination?


That school textbook word!? Yes, but this time not for a seed but for an idea, a concept. A way of life? Or just a slice?

I am truly inspired by Into the Wild, On the Road, The Grizzly Man, and other road movies, stories, and novels… Can I be a good Samaritan on the road? A monk on a pilgrimage? A travel writer itching for unspoken and unseen places and stories and people?

Be on the road for a full year?

What would be the conditions? The consequences? The goal(s)?

Few conditions:
I shall carry no ‘emergency’ money throughout the journey.
I shall do odd jobs along the way during the short stays and use that money purely for travel, food, and other necessities.
I shall carry a cell phone only for emergency purposes.
I shall visit and meditate on all the sacred/holy places along the way…
I shall walk and hitchhike most of my journeys or travel in public transport only.
I shall be spontaneous along the way.
I shall be ready for anything, anyplace, and anyone.

Consequences:
I shall be travel-weary, lose lot of weight, and be more insightful.
I shall have stories to tell: real stories. More experiences. More introspection. More perspectives. Better understanding of people and places.

The goal(s):
A work of art? A song and a dance? Unending peace? A piece of prose? A script or more? A slice of life or slices, rather? A memory entirely mine where I am the lead?
Meet God within and without? Learn?

When do I start? From where?
TVMalai is a good place to start from and end too. Maybe, this May? June? Travel south, up north to the west, and keep moving…

What shall I pack other than a toothpaste, toothbrush, towel, soap, and pair of books and a pen?
Few clothes, inner wear  few ID Cards, loaded cellphone with currency to last a year. A camera, perhaps? An umbrella, my sunglasses, few books, a bottle to fill water… 

2 comments:

Sri said...

hey that's an interesting stuff man! have seen it only in movies or read in books... would be good to see one of the friends trying it as well:) Probably one day I too will, who knows! Here's to an enriching and interesting journey of yours!

Abhinesh Warrier said...

Finally- this is what I thought you would be doing when you left your job...