Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Cheesy love

If only wishes were horses, I would’ve ridden the whitest of clouds to rain on you. With my heart as my only steed. 

If only I could make love to you without using words as my crutches. If only you knew that online is my favorite word when I see it below your name.

Well, come inside.

For inside me, is a place that I call home. A place that’s neither heaven nor Earth. This home has a morning rainbow outside our bedroom window. From our porch, you can watch golden clouds that rain cheesy love sandwiches for breakfast. Out near the horizon, on vast meadows, we sow our love to bear fruits in summertime.

So, please don’t sleep. Not yet, my darling. 
For when you sleep, my words feel drowsy too. 

Then, they want to be:
  • The stars you see in your dreams
  • That sound you utter… When you wake up… They want to moisten your thin lips.
  • The lyrics of your favorite songs when you sing
  • And, the silences in between.

3 comments:

Rajani Menon said...

I was smiling throughout while reading....so cheesy cute...what a fantasy..haha...good one Abhiyaa :)

abhilash warrier said...

Thanks, Rajani!

Malvika Joshi said...

A beautiful post...