Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Dollops of tears

I've cried before while watching TV. 

Movies, series, documentaries, they've all made me cry. Watching Vatsalyam has always made me cry every time and so has that song, Rooth kar humse kahin too.

------------------------------------------------------
Mild spoiler alert!

But, Episodes 16 through 18 of This is Us - Season 1 made me cry. Dollops of tears. William was such a good man; Jack was such a good man. Such great fathers... The values and the art they imbibed. No wonder they have Randall and Kevin and Kate. And, they get Becca and Sophie and Toby.
---------------------------------------------------------

So much of life is a dance of death between fate and destiny. A dance between your DNA and your environment. A dance between childhood and adolescence.

It's good, you know. Tears. 

It cleans your eyes while cleansing your heart.

A lot of bottled up feelings and repressed thoughts get out along with those teardrops. This is Us has been a very cathartic series for me and, I guess, it has led me into soul searching quite a bit. 

It has been a therapist and a shoulder to cry on too, I guess. 

I am not ashamed to say that this series has done a lot more than any friend has in recent times. 

I needed this day. Today.

I needed to cry out loud. Sometimes, in bursts. In deep sighs at other times. Into escapism sometimes.

For the ones, who know me are far away right now. Very. Far. Away. So far that neither their text would help nor a call. For all you need sometimes is just a hand to hold. And, an eye to behold.

And, when you're down and out... Like you feel that some stuff just sucks the stuff out of you, there's nothing that can't be cured by mini-idlis wallowing in hot sambhar

So, here I go!

No comments: