Wednesday, September 14, 2005

So, I finally own a laptop!

First of all, apologies to all regular readers. I have been very busy at work lately.

A few days ago, I think Saturday, September 10, 2005, was a first in many ways!

It was the day I bought my first laptop!

The same day I bought and wore my first suit.

I really don’t know how to thank you, Aquin. You seem to coincidentally play a very important part while I keep ticking off my materialistic wishlist… why just last year Parvati had given me a ride in her Volkswagen Beetle, remember? And now, this laptop too came through a reference of yours!

Ahem… sometimes God just fulfills your dreams so fast and so unexpectedly that you take time to realize that the dream has come true. So I finally bought my own laptop. I still can’t believe it sometimes.

Another big dream of mine is fulfilled in Dubai. Saturday was also the day I did my first formal presentation!

It feels good. I feel like I am moving up the ladder. I am learning not to beg, but to hold attention of the audience. I need to work on my presentation and public speaking skills!

Dr Maen has taken the perfect role of a father figure/ teacher/ leader that I never had. I look up to him. He is also filling Br Keane’s shoes pretty well… polishing the dust off me. Making me suave and sophisticated.


Hmmm… if only you were here, Koochie. I miss you so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear... Congratulations...

I too feel stagnant... But hoping for my time to come soon...