Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Opposites

Every religious truth I have seen and experienced talks to me about union of:
• the male and the female.
• the light and the non-light.
• the positive and the negative.

The oneness of being is all that the yin and the yang depicts. The shiva linga engulfed in the yoni pitha shows the same. When two opposing forces meet and become one, the entire universe dances.

All of physics and chemistry shows how elements react with one another to become stable. To become a new identity altogether each losing its own properties in the process. To take on an entirely new set of properties.

What happens then: equilibrium or disequilibrium?

I don’t know.

But, I guess, it’s something like twilight. The skies express themselves in the most beautiful colors during twilight. I think it is rasa laya. Beautiful, incredible, unintelligible: full of friction, full of sweet poison, the love that consumes, the intercourse that never ends, two souls entwining to become one. Interplay of passion and desire.

One dies, loses oneself, and is born in the other’s self. Extension of self is what is depicted by shiva-parvati in the form of ardhanarishwara. Perfect process of ‘you’ in ‘me’; ‘me’ in ‘you’. Results in ‘us’.

Not just sexually, but in every aspect of life.

My first enlightenment was when I realized that sex, along with sexual intercourse, is the most intimate form of love, spirituality, and oneness that we can experience. Which is why it has since then been a very pure, holy, and sacred ritual for me.

A ritual to worship the Shakti in you. For you to worship the Shiva in me. Because without us, they don’t exist. They live inside us. Dying to become one with each other through us.

Through us, they experience themselves.

My linga and your yoni are the real windows to our souls. Our souls are our only connection to Godliness and consciousness.

- Abhilash Warrier.
Dated: 9.6.2005.

4 comments:

Aswin Kini said...

Well abhilash, what you have said in this blog is entirely true. every religious truth has some thing referring to sex. Unfortunately nowadays everybody has started exploiting this beautifull feeling. It is equivalent of people polluting the ganga in the name of clearing their sins. I wish that you would write more on human relationships.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abhilash,

I think you have misunderstood the images of Shiva and Parvati. Ardhanarishwara means the presence of both element in a human being. You have reduced such a sublime thought to a base act. It is not a ritual of love making that the shiva linga depicts.
This thought only exploits the deeper meaning. Shiva and paravati are both in you. How can you say something like "my linga and your yoni"...

Honestly sounds disgusting.

Veena

abhilash warrier said...

Veena,

i agree with your pov. i agree that both elements exist in the same person.

i do not think that sex is a base act. i agree that the shiva linga may have more meanings or layers to it.

I was talking about the concept of sex and the shiva linga and "extension of self". The post was an attempt to link these.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. That was not the intention.

Anyways, what is poetry to me may not necessarily be poetry to you.

Voltaire said, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it..."

That can be the basis of our discussion.

Shanti said...

From the One, the opposite arises.

Where is the darkness when there is light? The darkness does not disappear. It is overtaken by light. Playing its role, balancing...and in equilibrium .... according to the laws of nature.

Just like the colours - its either black or white but when merged, it creates a new colour - grey which is neither black nor white. But both those colours exist in the grey.

Basically, everything emits from the Self/Atman and eventually gets absorbed in the Self as well.

In the end there is only One.