Thursday, April 29, 2010

At least, I hope so...

Oh cloud, why don’t you just rain down?
Roar in thunder and rub in lightning?
At least for a moment, our existence will be noticed.

Ye wildflower on the country road, why don’t you bloom to your brightest in day?
Spread your petals and let us see the world inside you?
At least for a moment, our lives will be enriched.

My mundane life needs spectacular moments for me to feel alive… Clipping my grandmother’s nails made up for all those lost time that I could have spent with her… At least I hope so. After all she is the only living legacy my grandfather left behind when he passed away 12 years ago.


Footnote: On the morning of April 22, I wrote this piece; she passed away peacefully that afternoon.

1 comment:

Abhinesh Warrier said...

The poem is v. nice... I too wrote on this incident but the feelings were different... http://greatlittlewarrior.blogspot.com/2010/04/insensitivity-is-it-natural.html