Thursday, December 13, 2012

Arunachala, a most silent muse

The mystic mountain is at works as always. 

Five months since i started dwelling near its visible shadow, unknowingly it has been silently seeing me in motion from afar... It peeps into my humble abode. On both full moon and new moon nights alike, it pours love into my overflowing heart. 

It is by far my most silent muse; the others chat or chatter. Over facebook, over email, in personal conversations, or in my imagination. 

It knows that my memories still rise and heave with deep sighs between mammaries where I had snuggled, nestled, laughed, and cried in the past. 

It knows all my intricacies, my 'what ifs', my unasked questions, and its unanswered answers. 

Sometimes, when the power goes off and the world is silent and sleepy, i hear His whispered words along with the soothing breeze and a mosquito's hum: Om shanti... shanti... shanti hii.

3 comments:

Manjushree Abhinav said...

I am aware of full moon mood of the mountain, but have not yet experianced new moon impact. nice thought.

abhilash warrier said...

On full moon nights, it shines visibly. On new moon nights, it shines invisibly.

The presence is the same. :-)

Shanti said...

What mysterious vibes does this hill have on the world so much so that it attracts people as far West like Switzerland and Germany to the Far East like Japan and Singapore? Even if one never asks, the Lord acts. He knows what we need and oversees all our actions. Even though one maybe thousands of miles away, the hill plunges into the depths of the hearts of all seekers. Mysteriously it draws the seekers back ....year after year. Like one German lady, Analisa told me, this was her 8th visit.

As for me...will I return? I feel, a slight tug...but only time will tell.