Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Reflections: An unwilled 'Thought Process' Experiment


  • Why do I judge others when I myself am human?
  • Have I not been mean before?
  • Have I not been rude? Angry at others because they are what they are?
  • Why do I put somebody on a pedestal without knowing them fully in the first place? And, when they kind of fall from those heights, why do I feel hurt?
  • Is it necessary that all disciples be like their masters just because they have sat at his feet?
  • Why did I confuse certain facts with knowledge and truth?
  • Why do I get angry when people break into my false sense of belongingness?
  • Why do I get angry at others for their bloated egos when I can’t kick out my ego that peeps through my bloated sense of self-righteousness?
  • When will I accept people as they are without being angry and irritated? When will I know that the solution includes me and my acceptance and not my indifference?
  • When do I fully become a witness?

The thoughts/reflections ended with that final question. There was a 15-minute blankness after this question. A void. I came out of the void and here is the post...

Well, today morning, there was a small discussion over an insignificant event at home. As a consequence, much later in the afternoon, these reflections/thoughts entered my mind. I just penned them down here as they came without giving each thought any tangent or refuge.

I guess, this ‘seamless thought process’ that occurred on it own (without my volition) was an experiment on my long way home to becoming a witness.

When you are truly realized, you realize how much of life was lost in finding faults of others. – SN Goenka

1 comment:

Shanti said...

The fact that you are asking these questions just proves that you are human and more importantly you are beginning to question, think and reflect. This is when the real journey begins and it may not be an easy one. Its a journey whereby the seeker must not stop till the goal is reached. Its a journey whereby every aspect of you will be tested. Whatever negativeness that are revealed, is just God showing you that it still is there and you have to exhaust it. Once the seeker exhausts everything , what remains is the original gem -- just as when the seeker came the very first time. To merge with Him, you have to go the way you came -- as the Self.

Good start. Somewhat the same way I began my journey. Question is, do you know where you are heading?