Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Gelf post!

I have changed after I have joined my new organization in Dubai. Previously, for six whole months, I used to drag myself to work.

And now, I am very enthused to come to work. To see smiling faces, to people who know what their role in the company is, to friendly and understanding HR people.

Today was actually a half day for me, yet am not home! Hmmm… that is a pleasant surprise!

I will not hesitate to add the “D” after HR in this organization. D for Development.

You may thinking why am I suddenly writing a lot about work and atmosphere at work.

Maybe it is relief.
Maybe it is true-found happiness.
Much awaited paradise at work where new ideas are accepted; new IDs are adopted into the organisation family.

Man, this organization has everything I can ask for:
Genuine vision and mission statements like TIS
Ethical values, openness, and transparency like TIS and Brainvisa
Freedom (of speech, text, ideas, and expression) like Brainvisa
Senior management help in every way like Brainvisa (I have nothing more to ask for; we can order any book, tool, subscription we want to work better.)
Realistic, open-door policy (even to an entrepreneurial, educated, charismatic, millionaire Arab’s busy cabin!)

I found the respect, acknowledgement, and values that I were searching for in an organization ever since I started working way back in February 2000.

Hmmm… It has been five years. It has been an experience. And I have led a very experimental worklife. Have met all kinds of people and all kinds of organizations. Some made me feel wow! And one organization even made me puke! The levels they fell… Cheee!!!

Anyways, I believe the Law of Karma works. What goes, comes around. I know I haven’t wronged. I will always stand for truth, courage, openness, frankness, and democracy at work. Even at the cost of jobs, security, or money.

Because only when I grow spiritually, does my organization grow.

Today, after a long, long time, I feel like dedicating my life and soul to an organization. Just the way I had done for compassbox.com. And I will. They deserve it. This organization is the best I have seen so far.

“Way to go, Abhi! Way to go. In spite of all the thorns some idiots planted in your way even after you reached Dubai, you’ve done well. You’ve maintained your composure. You did not compromise your values and truths and standards for money and security. No blackmail, no threats, no hostage situation will work.”

And you, yes you, if you have read till here without feeling ashamed, read this: you can keep the money. My hard-earned money. You will never understand some values. I pity you.”

7 comments:

Rangakrishnan Srinivasan said...

well.. two posts talking abt how wonderful the new place is and how bad the old one was.. things must have really really gone wrong.

i dread to even think of working... have been a student all my life. but then, there is the other part of me that wants to meet a new side of the world.. and learn too. everything is fine as long as we don't sell our souls to strip and whip others.

take care and all the best with ur new job...

abhilash warrier said...

Dear Ranga,

Work life is awesome, Ranga... I learned a lot more about everything after I started working.

Man, the world looks different while you are still a student.

But as you say, "everything is fine as long as we don't sell our souls"...

Anonymous said...

Thorns put by idiots.are you referring to thorns put by your ex organization even after u left and joined the new one? elaborate on the situations guru! let others also get to know what kind of dirty tricks these low belly organizations indulge in.

abhilash warrier said...

Dear Anon,

I already let the cat out of the hat!
The cat is on a hot tin roof!
And the cat hates me because I scared all the mice away!

Anonymous said...

hey anon,
you dont want to know because the truth hurts. if the head of human resources has an ego hassle with a 25 year old and decides to behave his age(25) and forgets that he represents the organization there is nothing left to believe in.

when you have such immature people up there you will faint. you need to be there to believe it.

Anonymous said...

i know about the cat out of the bag, but what i am asking is what cheap tricks did they indulge in after you stepped out? let us all know what the cheapos are capable of

Anonymous said...

ok... i certainly do hope curiosity doesn't kill the cat (me in this case).. anyhoo...

I don't know why i'm feeling guilty... it's probably because your blog feels a lot like your diary.. and i feel like i'm intruding..

That said...

I was going through your blog (which i didn't happen to chance upon, fyi, sorry bout that.. i was curious, i can't help it...but yea...)... your writing has a lot of heart which i'm sure you already know... anyways.. for some reason.. i really liked this post a lot.. i suppose because it reassured me that maybe there's hope for me as an instructional designer...

so Thank You and I wish you all the best.