Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Greatest Collection begins...

Ebert, I have started.

Yes, the wish to collect all the greatest movies in your 100 Greatest List has begun. Some may not be in the list, but surely are *** or **** rated movies in your reviews!

Sin City and Million Dollar Baby came together in a combo pack of 5 movies! The remaining three in the pack are not even worth mentioning.

Today, I bought Dead Poets Society (Ebert gives this only two stars @#%$#$#$#$), one of my all-time favourites, and Amistad, Steven Spielberg’s debut movie with DreamWorks. Not a bad start for a cinema lover…

So in the land of oil, wine, and women, I buy movies. See, I told you I am a nice guy. ;-)

PS: Hey, I just happened to notice that this one is the 51st post to the blog. Am doing good...

3 comments:

abhilash warrier said...

Gayathri,

Thanks for recommending that book. Its tale sounds very familiar to me though! Very real to life!

What say people?

Do you blog, Gayathri? Please let me know.

abhilash warrier said...

Gayathri,

I am yet to read Kafka. Have been planning to do that for a long, long time now.

Kundera, I have read only "The Unbearable Lightness of Being", which I think is good! Real good.

There are a lot of great writers I have not yet read. Reminds me of all the great movies too that I have not yet watched... Hmmm...

A poet friend of mine said that my writing style is similar to paulo coelho's... what do you say (assuming that you have coelho)?

And by the way, thanks for the compliment...

abhilash warrier said...

Gayathri,

I too love Eleven Minutes, By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept, and The Alchemist.

It is so tough to write from a woman's point-of-view. He's done that well in Eleven Minutes...

By the River..., I love the story. Simple, true, and deja vu. I relate to his characters. Because I think I fit in his book well!

I read his Pilgrimage; found it boring. Was his first book though.

Recently, read his Zahir. Love what he writes.

Hey, by the way, have you read Mitch Albom's Tuesdays With Morrie, and The Five People You Meet in Heaven?

You'll love these, I am sure.

Don't worry, I'll keep writing. Poetry comes easy; prose doesn't. Am trying though.

Why don't you start writing? I think you can write well. What say?