Monday, July 13, 2015

Four days in Pune

Pune. I was in Pune for four days... I keep going to Pune because... I really do not know why. It's like Pune will always be my mistress while Bombay will always be my first love.

Met few of my best friends in Pune this time: 
  • Rohan
  • Samruddhi, Appy, and Deepa (enjoyed a lot even though we did miss Shailesh and Bobby)
  • Last but not the least, Sachin Chipkar
Rohan and I spent a lot of time talking about the days gone by. How his life has changed post marriage and I feel, it is for the better. We drank and laughed and watched old Hindi songs on Masti channel and Sony Mix... just like old times. We had the famous misal pav from Katakeer. In the evening, we also had Bombay sandwiches and vada pav.
Kalyani Restaurant stills serves the best Tomato Onion Uttapam in Pune! :-)
Moving on to Baner... Well, Baner is almost like Vasai to me. Brimming with memories. I am sure that after Vasai, Baner must be the place most mentioned in my blog since 2005.
Sam and Deepa ensured that I had Baingan ka barta in typical Jalgaon style. Super spicy. In between round of beers, we managed to talk about our days as neighbors together. Deepa still calls me bhaiya (very few do and actually mean it too). Appy (Shailesh's and Sam's daughter) reminds me of Kuchu a lot! 
I had so much wanted to make this trip and thank God, it was perfect. I munched on Balewadi phata's lovely vada pavs and talked with the uncle who runs the shop. He remembered me at my first greeting itself; he kept telling me to come back to Pune... :-)
I am glad I met him. He hasn't changed an inch... Same big, beaming smile. Same love. Same humility and love coming from his very root of existence. Sachin Chipkar. My brother, I am so happy for you now. Your loving wife, Anu, and son, Agastya, just made me feel like a family member within few minutes...
From sharing sob stories at Goregaon railway station to now sharing happy stories... You've definitely made it in life, yaar. The moment of the entire trip was when you told me that you have everything you need... That this is all you ever wanted... That made me spectacularly happy and joyous... because I know how we used to sit together and hear each other groan! I am so glad to see you move up the corporate ladder completely on your merit. You are a true self-made man. I am proud of you. In every way.
I was speechless there for a long time because I was completely overcome with happiness and quiet sense of peace that you feel when you meet a best friend, an elder brother after about ten long and eventful years.
I rest my case; I am going to revisit my mistress as many times as possible. Zindagi aa raha hoon main...

No comments: