Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Just two blinks

No personal milestone of mine has reached the annals of this blog but you and I deserve a place here. For, this is where my life and love explodes and implodes simultaneously.

Two years is certainly a short time in the history of marriages and anniversaries. Nothing BIG most would say. And I agree. 

Nothing is BIG enough to come between us.

But we know that the years we spend together and the sense of time we feel don't matter in the end. 

It's the intensity that matters. And we know that these two years were the most intense period of our lives... We went through the roller coaster ride that took our collective breath away...

We loved everything the world threw upon us, we loved everything we threw ourselves upon! We witnessed new lives being born while few deaths were encountered too. We won some, and we lost some.

We understood and accepted each other along with each other's tiniest and tidiest quirks, idiosyncrasies, eccentricities, OCDs, and what not! With tender love and care. 

Your colors and paints made love with my words and dreams. Together, they became our greatest muses. They intertwined and formed our fantasy-filled world. 

That world where magic is normal. Where magic unfolds and blooms when you open your kohl-lined eyes to doodle and paint the canvas of our lives... Where my love for ghazals and your passion for world music spend evenings intoxicated in each other's rhythm.

That beautiful world where all your loves and all my loves became our common loves. And we nonchalantly look at so many staring wonder struck at our Utopian marriage where there are no masks, no pretenses, and no secrets. A marriage that would've made him proud! 

Us... A companionship like none other. Almost otherworldly for mere mortals... A companionship where your painting fuels my words and my words give you courage. A companionship built upon conversations and healthy debates that rival Quora and Facebook combined! A simple relationship where our gods and demons sleep peacefully side by side... 

A companionship where we witness other marriages crumble due to lies, or crack due to untold truths, or hold on to masks of happiness that veil years of sorrow, regret, what ifs, secret affairs, and what not. 

My love, you complete me and I include you. Our yin and yang complete and complement our cycles of love, life, and longings. 

But I am afraid on this day... Very afraid. Afraid not whether my words have failed me but have I failed my words!?

2 comments:

Divya Gupta M S said...

So sweet this one was!

abhilash warrier said...

Thanks, Divya!