Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dil toh baccha hain ji

Listening to this song for the last two days at my workplace, I have come to realize that not many songs have held this sort of magic for me.

The song from the movie, Ishqiya, is one of the best picturized songs that I have ever seen in Indian cinema. You just need to watch Naseeruddin Shah (just in this song) to know how subtle acting can be... Nostalgia, introspection, honesty: the song interweaves all these elements and more effortlessly.

Gulzar has pulled out yet another rabbit from his hat...
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's voice brings out Khalujaan's hidden pathos and hope alive...
Vishal Bharadwaj's score is perfect.

Vidya Balan, as Krishna, can take the baton, with conviction, from Rekha as the new seductive temptress. The opening scene itself will take your breath away.

If you haven't watched Ishqiya already, then you should. Abhishek Chaubey is a director to watch out for; that is, if Vishal did not ghost direct the movie!. And watch out for this song...

Go, fall in love stupidly. Once more. All over again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I really want to see the film! Hey Abhi, ever thought of penning a novel? You haven't?? Give it a thought then....

abhilash warrier said...

Hi Sanchu baba,

Yeah, the movie is great. I loved this song... so just wrote whatever came off my mind.

Penning a novel has been in my mind for a long time now... I guess, it shall take birth when its time is right.

What more can I say?

Aswin Kini said...

Hi Abhi, speaking of the novel part, I still have the draft that you gave. Have you started working on it???
Hope it is a masterpiece in the making.

abhilash warrier said...

Hi Aswin,

Nahin yaar. Not yet. When it flows, it shall be born.