Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What a day!

Yesterday, I was on leave. Cold, headache, bodyache, and I felt fever setting in. So, I took leave…

Besides, my only lovely bro was coming to town from Bangalore for his Visa appointment at the US Consulate. I thought he’ll feel good about me taking a day off for him.

Besides, the 2627 course had still not come in from Microsoft. So all in all, yesterday was a great day to lie on my back and sneeze as much I could.

By the way, my bro got through and he’ll be flying to the US on May 20! All the best, Ani!

Today, the cold still shows no signs of going away. In fact, it has increased in intensity. My nostrils are red and eyes are watering.

Today, I reached office in a very temperamental situation (Haneef, that eight-letter word was a tribute to you)!

Loads of work has landed on my workstation. And I am in no mood to even peer into it. So work stops there.

Then, I receive an e-mail from a great friend, Jeba. He is embarrassed that he lost the only manuscript I had of my first novel. This means that the current manuscript I have has only the first three chapters! The next three chapters I had written, I guess, have disappeared.

Wow!

Someone in future will discover those pages in his/ her attic, and rediscover the masterpiece written by Abhilash! He/ she will sell it to Christie’s. And, Christie’s will auction it for millions!

I immediately wrote back to Jeba:

Holy crow!

Jeba, I had only that one hard copy. I have the first three chapters but don't have the last three chapters I had written.

Looks like my novel is also coming up the hard way... anyways, if ever you find it, please do let me know.

Tell Veena to keep an eye for some word docs which look like trash to her!! hahahah!!!

It's fine, man. Not holding it against you. Don't be embarassed. It's my fault. I should have kept multiple copies.

love always and all the ways,
abhi

Then, I get another e-mail from Sachin. He requires money and I have to repay him 3k…

I also have to repay 15K to Bhupesh. Sorry Bhupesh, I defaulted badly on the repayment. And to top it all, my roomie is yet to give me 15k!

As soon as he gives me 15K, I’ll repay Bhupesh and Sachin too. My head is bursting…

Mentally, I am ready to start work only on Monday. Manic Monday. Or just another day.

Meanwhile, with running nose and watering eyes, I say to myself, “This too shall pass.”

- Abhilash Warrier
Dated: 8.4.2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I was happy that you took leave that day... let this months sal come... i too will pitch in a bit...

Eroteme said...

Wow! That sure sounds like a tough day... :-o
Hope it gave way to a better one...