Friday, February 12, 2016

Here and there

There:
The sun-setting and withering flowers
Sigh. 
They whisper my names from across your courtyard.

   Here:
The plastic flowers adorn a flower vase
Dirty.
They wish for your passing fragrance at least for a while.

      There:
You look for me, with an apron on your waist, when opening your refrigerator
Cold.
The vegetables and food inside remind you of me.

         Here:
The broken clocks on my wrist and wall hold time
Still.
Their hands act as the lever upon which I set my dreams.

            There:
The songs that escape unheard from your lips 
Sepia-tinted.
Their notes touch the soul of the deity at the corner temple.

               Here:
Every itch in my body reminds me of places you
Touched.
The burning sensations long for your ointment-like kisses.

                  Everywhere:
Each door I pass through and every window I open inside/
Outside.
I name them the sweet nothings that endeared you once upon a time.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

There:
You smile and the world lit up
Iridescent.
If only I could keep you for myself forever.

Here:
My heart breaks and I wonder why the world never stop laughing
Stillness.
Maybe I should never hold on to that fake glimmer of hope.