Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Lost or found

You came to me like an unexpected downpour in a desert. 
You came to me like the long-awaited train at a godforsaken station. 
You came to me like a burning meteorite.
You came to me like that final whiff of breath that extinguishes an eternal flame.

Is this that phase in life when nothing does justice to this feeling called love?
Is this that turn in life when you unlearn the past?
Is this that fork in the road where you take the lonely, unbeaten path? Yet again?  
Is this that phase in life when words do come to me but none suffice?
  • When words come and play with my mind?  
  • When words can't steal the show anymore?  
  • When I can't just write anymore?
You've come and made me forget pain. 
You've ceased its existence in my life.

And so when pain ceases to exist, have I lost or found myself?  
In you?

No comments: