Friday, February 19, 2016

Our legacy

Those nostalgic streets and that pavement stones
Will they remember my love, my love?

Those desperate prayers and that miracle we experienced
Will they remember my moments of truth?

Those red bricks and that wet cement made of my sweat
Will they remember my home?

Those fiery poems and that short love story
Will they remember my muse?

Those books and their pages
Will they remember my devotional hands?

Those eyes and that lip
Will they remember my first French kiss?

Those bra hooks and that braided hair
Will they remember me undressing you?

Those carefree days and that sensual night
Will they remember your muffled moans?

Those simmering summers and that fateful winter
Will they remember your season of sadness?

Those years to come and children unborn
Will they remember our alphabet of love, my legend?

No comments: