Thursday, February 04, 2016

Just numbers...

I could chant 1008 names of the Lord but they may not be enough for Him to grant me my wish.

I could travel 500 miles to be with you for a moment or two but those moments may not be enough for you to wish for me.

I could write 100 greeting cards in your love but my cards may not be enough to make you smile.

I could climb the seven peaks but that may not be enough practice to climb your peaks of love.

I could write four quartets on you but four may not be enough to sweep you off your feet.

I could watch the Before trilogy with my head on your lap but that may not be enough for you to understand our love.

I could grant you two boons but that may not grant me a life with you.

I could gift this one life to you but it may not be enough for you to fall in love with me once more.

So...

No comments: