Tuesday, February 15, 2005

An essay on enlightenment

I, as an enlightened Master, can tell you that some of my greatest enlightenments have occurred while having sex.

Let's call it communion. That is the better word for it.

No, I don’t feel pompous after using the word enlightenment. You too won't after enlightenment. Enlightenment is what you are. It is the beginning. It is in the mind. Of everything.

Enlightenment is like remembering something which you had at the tip of your tongue and couldn't remember for a long time. It is like insight. It is like being One with all and oneself. When the divisibility between 'me' and 'them' disappears. Like I say and feel you and me are ONE. We are the same. Experiencing Godliness. It is Love. It is all there is.

That's a beginning of realization, not complete enlightenment. I'm not trying to offend you here. It's just that I see spiritually inclined people misuse the word enlightenment very frequently. There are several truths in the world that are within the grasp of common human knowledge.

Unfortunately, most of us spend our capacities in repetitive tasks that are portrayed as essential to us. Perceiving that portrayal to be ultimately true, we let actual reality evade us. It's nice if you feel enlightened. But don't feel satisfied and stop right there; dig deeper. You have no idea where this rabbit hole ends.

What if I tell you that there is no rabbit hole? That I am here at the opening of the hole, at every point in the hole, and at the exit of the hole all at the same time (using it for easy understanding). That the rabbit hole was never there. It was all a trick.

You will realize one day... or night… that there is no day or night… it is all in your mind. Like directions don’t exist.

I would say that the river exists in the mountains, in the plains, and in the clouds, all at the same time. Yet, people think that the river is dying to meet the sea. That the sea is the end, the rabbit hole, the unending, the emptiness, the beginning, and the end of it all…

I beg to differ from this point-of-view. That is all I am saying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why no writings abhi ?

Lav said...

Well Said Abhilash

abhilash warrier said...

Thanks, Lav.