Thursday, February 24, 2005

On Manoj's blog

In the last five years that I have worked my ass out for others, I feel I have somewhere lost time for myself; my pursuits.

I have not found time for poetry. Words escaped my tongue. Forgot my lines before I found the pen. Not found time to learn the violin. Not found time to take up that course in photography.

I have cried well into late nights till I slept because the thought just crossed my mind and never came back. Because some great line just passed me by and I did not write.

Have always taken imaginary photos of places and people I have seen and always wished “wish I had a camera…”

Today, after seeing manoj’s blog, I saw a man who, like me, can do more than what he has done. He is 36. His pictures talk. I feel that he should not write about those pictures on his blog. They speak for themselves.

But when I met him, somehow, he is caught up in the daily game of survival. Making a living. Meeting him (such an unassuming man) scared me… I do not want to end up like him: waiting for sunshine.

I want to do what I love. What turns me on:

  • Make love to her.
  • Travel.
  • Backpack.
  • Meet new people.
  • Visit new cultures.
  • Soak in the rain.
  • Trek old forts.
  • Ride horses.
  • Hitchhike on highways.
  • Rest in kind people’s homes.
  • Teach children in schools.
  • Take her along with me.
  • Make coffee in a Barista.
  • Make coffee and love in my café.
  • Write.
  • Feel the creative urge just like Vincent did.
I hope I do. I just need her to be beside me.

Check out Manoj's blog.

No comments: