Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Papers in the Wind

You came into my life
Like a fresh breeze from the
Cool, blue mountains on the horizon.

Like a fav tune I’d heard
While passing by a friend’s house
And forgotten.

Like the aroma of coffee at every Barista
I have ever been to.

Like jazz filled my lungs
When I began listening to Miles Davis
After Kenny G.

Like a little girl, holding flowers,
In a rustic countryside
When you zoom past on a bike.

Like the spectacular, life-altering shooting star
We all experience once in a lifetime.

Like bright light to a moth
Burning with love
That consumes itself.

You stormed into my life
And now my body, mind, and soul

Are flying like papers in the wind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do u believe this?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do.
This poem is a simple tribute to the enlightenment of Lord Shiva. To the woman who introduced me to the wonder that is Shaivism. All my concepts of God are flying like papers in the wind... I am waiting for them settle down, if they ever will. For I don't know whether God is attainable. I don't care.
All I now know is that I have begun my search for God. Inside me. I am churning.